Church, we’re not committed to being better than someone else…God’s Word tells us that comparing ourselves among ourselves makes us fools.
What we are to compare ourselves to is Jesus and the teachings of His Word and to that comparison, we all fall short. So we’re on a journey together…we’ve made a covenant with God and with one another to be transformed.
What we ARE fully committed to is this — keeping our gaze laser-focused on being conformed to His image and pursuing that with reckless abandon…TOGETHER. We walk in this Blessed Hope TOGETHER…in His Word TOGETHER…in His Spirit TOGETHER…for His Kingdom TOGETHER. You may not be there yet, but to be The Church, you MUST BE committed to the journey:
- We’re not going to make excuses for our sins and shortcomings.
- We’re not going to get sidetracked by the trappings of this world.
- We’re not going to pursue lives of self-indulgence and self-gratification.
- We’re not going to allow the Gospel-Centered Church of Jesus to be used as merely a religious practice, something used to make ourselves feel better about ourselves when it suits us.
- We’re not going to allow the Gospel-Centered Church of Jesus to be used as merely a social circle of belonging for those who feel alone. Though it is a warm, friendly and welcoming environment, open to all who are seeking Jesus, the Church is not merely a place like Cheers or the apartment of Friends or Seinfeld. It is soooooo much more.
- We ARE going to learn to love one another…unconditionally.
- We ARE going to serve God AND one another with the humble hearts of bond servants.
- We ARE going to pursue covenant community, responsibility and accountability.
- We ARE going to declare God’s message of love and forgiveness to all who seek healing from the brokenness of this world.
- We ARE going to be vessels of God’s Grace, Mercy, Love and Hope to a broken and hopelessly lost world.
- We ARE going to receive all who come to Jesus and repent of their part in this worlds brokenness.
- We ARE going to be the image bearers of Jesus’ reconciled, redeemed, and restored Creation to a world that God loves and wants to restore to Himself.
The church is the assembly of the Bride of Jesus Christ — those chosen, called and set apart for God’s pleasure and purpose. We will unashamedly and unrelentingly walk in that mission —so other may hear…AND live!
…helping people find and follow Jesus!