– I have no desire to be “trending”.
– I’m not looking for “likes” or “shares” (though I’m humbled and encouraged by those who do so).
– I’m not interested in promoting my image, my quotes, my church, our “results”, “stats” or “generosity”. It literally makes my stomach queasy at the sight/sound of such activity.
– I don’t want to be “known” for my qualities, skills, personality, traits, etc. My flesh is full of pride and does not need to be fed by those things
– I’m not motivated by making people feel good in a negative world.
– I’m not interested in making people feel good enough that they’ll want Jesus.
1. I want to be obedient to the King to whom I’ve sworn allegiance.
2. I want to be loyal to the King to whom I’ve sworn allegiance.
3. I want to be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,
4. I want to point others to the reality that the only way that they will find goodness, the only way that they will find hope, the only way that they will find peace, the only way that they will find love, the only way that they will find healing is in humbling themselves before the Lord, repenting of atrocities committed against the character of God and being transformed from death into life by HIS POWER and HIS SPIRIT.
5. I just want to be holy and spur others toward the same. I want to be so yielded to the Spirit of God who lives in my body that my appearance, my thoughts, my actions, my interests, my words, my motives, etc., mirror the image of my Savior and the fruits of His Spirit.